Toulouse Gunman Sent Footage To News Channel

March 27th, 20125:52 am @

0


To view this content you need Flash and Javascript enabled in your browser.

Please download Flash from the Adobe download website.

6:03am UK, Tuesday March 27, 2012

Mohammed Merah, who shot seven people in France before being killed after a 30-hour police siege, sent video footage of his attacks to Al Jazeera in Paris.

The TV news network received a computer memory drive containing a montage of footage and sent the package on to police on Monday, a source close to the investigation told Reuters.

“It’s a video montage of the various killings set to music and readings from the Koran,” said another source.

Meanwhile Merah’s father claimed that he would sue the French state over his son’s death.

“France is a big country that had the means to take my son alive. They could have knocked him out with gas and taken him in,” said Mohamed Benalel Merah.

“They preferred to kill him.”

“I will hire the biggest named lawyers and work for the rest of my life to pay (their) costs. I will sue France for having killed my son.”

France is a big country that had the means to take my son alive. They could have knocked him out with gas and taken him in. They preferred to kill him.


Mohamed Benalel Merah, the gunman’s father

The package containing the memory drive was dated Wednesday 21 March, the day that police surrounded Merah in his flat in the southern city of Toulouse, according to a report in the Parisien daily newspaper.

Merah, 23, who was of Algerian descent and was killed last week in a police siege following attacks on French soldiers and a Jewish school, had previously boasted of filming his killings.

In the first two incidents he shot dead three soldiers in attacks in Toulouse and nearby Montauban.

Then last week he opened fire at a Jewish school in Toulouse, killing a 30-year-old teacher, his sons aged five and four, and a seven-year-old girl.

Merah also claimed that he had uploaded footage of the attacks to the internet, although no trace of the video has been found.

The gunman’s father added that he plan to bury his son in his ancestral homeland of Algeria.

Article source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Toulouse-Gunman-Mohamed-Merah-Sent-Video-Footage-Of-His-Shooting-Attacks-To-News-Network-Al-Jazeera/Article/201203416196853?f=rss